Skip to main content

A Congress on ICT applied to Language Learning in Cordoba city

I was in Córdoba city (Argentina) on May 27th, 28th and 29th because the local university organized a 3-day-Congress on ICT applied to Language Learning. Teachers from different parts of the country attended the event.

The papers were about different topics: use of blogs and forums, webquests, Collaborative Learning, Moodle platform, distance learning, moodle platforms.
I found particularly interesting 6-hour-workshop about "How to introduce teachers to the use of ICT in their classrooms" given by Mgtr. Víctor Sajoza Juric who gave us some useful guidance about this issue.

Now let me tell you about my experience in the city. I had the fortune to be in Córdoba on "El Cordobazo" (See more info in Wikipedia) anniversary. The city seemed to vibrate at the rhytm of the drums played by the workers who marched along streets carrying Argentinian flags in the memory of their lost co-workers who died or suffered persecussion during the military dictatorship.

Some teachers and I also took a short tour to the Jesuits circuit. The Jesuits were one of the first congregations who arrived to Argetnina in colonial times. They were very organized and tried to convert natives into catholicism peacefully. They built the very first university and a national school. Cordoba University was the third one opened in South America after the Mexican and Peruvian ones. It is even older than Harvard University. Unfortunatelly, the Jesuits were considered revolutionary by the King and the Pope, and were expulsed from these lands (More info in Spanish: http://www.vallepunilla.com.ar/jesuitas/) The Jesuit block has been declared World Heritage by the UNESCO.
See photos below. If you put the cursor on a photo (don´t click), you will get its caption ;-)
Feel free to leave a comment.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

Comments

Sebastian said…
Hi Nelba. I met you after Victor Hugo's workshop. It'd be nice to work together with our groups.
See you.

Sebastian
I remember you , Sebastián. Sure, contact me by mail. Have you got it? Regards from La Plata.
Carla Raguseo said…
¡Qué nostalgia volver a ver las fotos de la facultad de lenguas! y qué bueno que hayan aprovechado a viositar la ciudad.

Ya nos encontraremos en el 2011 :-)

Un abrazo
Anonymous said…
The blog is very interesting, it has a lot information. I would know a good web site that teaching how to do a blog than this and how to add photos. I do not know much of computers.
Regards.
María Camila Gallardo. Adults 5 E.

Popular posts from this blog

Alexa Thompson discusses the ways that learning English in an online or offline setting can benefit non-native speakers

The Internet platform has become an essential tool for learning and teaching online , as noted by English Virtual Community. In this post, Alexa Thompson discusses the ways that learning English in an online or offline setting can benefit non-native speakers. For instance, learning English can lead to outsourced jobs that big businesses make available overseas. To read more about online English school from Alexa, visit the website she maintains about English education. English as a second language teachers, English Language Learners Did you know you can get a foreign job based on your ability to speak English? Many work opportunities are available to English speakers from almost any country in the world. Thanks to the Internet and impact outsourcing, more foreign speakers of English are coming into contact with businesses from North America and Europe, making English as a Second Language courses extremely valuable for both students and native English speakers. The last three decades h

ARCALL first Online Congress

After nearly two months of work , ARCALL is proud to announce the opening of its first online Congress together with AVEALMEC. The organizing team has worked very hard: preparing the material, website, MOODLE platform content, WiziQ sessions. Today the forums have been opened. I will be moderating the forum about Commuties of Practice together with my dearest friend and colleague Evelyn Izquierdo. Follow us at: http://avealmec.org.ve/moodle  or in twitter http://twitter.com/avealmec I hope you will enjoy the experience.

My first Meme (pingback and trackback)

When did I start using Internet? I think it coincides with the economic change in Argentina ( 1 peso = 1 dollar) in the late 90's. I started using e-mailing. I have friedns and family living abroad or in other cities, and they usually complain about the fact that I am pretty lazy for writing letters and going to the post office. So, e-mailing was a solution for me. A really turning point took place in 2001 when I was invited to an on line course on " How to evalute websites" carried out by another Argentinean - Prof. Norma Scagnoli- working at the University of Illinois. She introduced me into the virtual world and there I met one of my dearest cyberfriends: Prof. Dafne Gonzalez. From that moment my virtual life started. I bagan exploring the net and that same year I opened my firs e-group: English Virtual Community. My first steps on the Internet were really awful. I used to have dial up connection, so my experience was a bit poor. I could not spend much time on line and